AllerAir AirMedic Pro 6 HDS Smoke Eater Air Purifier
Purifies up to 1,800 sq. ft. based on 8 ft. ceilings
- Areas where smoke and odor are a concern in the home or office
- Wildfire zones
- Lounges, common areas, or buildings that permit smoking
Warranty: 5-year warranty on labor as well as a 10-year warranty on parts (motor, cord, switch, wheels, etc)
Activated Carbon and Super HEPA Filters Remove Smoke, Odors, and Particles
Do you have unwanted smoke and odors lingering around from tobacco, cigars, or wildfires? The Pro 6 HDS, the largest in AllerAir's smoking series, can help protect your lungs from secondhand smoke that can linger in the home or office.
Designed for removing airborne smoke, odor, and chemicals, this unit will give you the fresh air you want. The unit's 3.5" activated carbon and super HEPA filter work to adsorb all the chemicals, gases, and odors along with removing the airborne particles inside your home or office. The tar-trapping pre-filter collects those larger tar particles that you could be breathing in.
The AirMedic Pro 6 HDS also has many eco-friendly features too. The unit consumes very little energy and costs pennies a day to run. It is also styrofoam-free!
Purchase your Pro 6 HDS Smoke Eater today and breathe in the difference! It will eat that unwanted smoke away!
Multi-Stage Filtration System in the Pro 6 HDS Smoke Eater
Tar-trapping Pre-filter — The pre-filter in the HDS removes any sticky tar particles and protects the main filters from clogging. This helps prolong the life of your super HEPA and carbon filters. Replace the pre-filters every two to three months, depending on usage.
Super HEPA Filter — The super HEPA filter helps capture the fine dust, allergens, pollen, smoke and other particles that linger around your home or office and it has no glue or binders. It can help remove at least 99.99% of airborne particles measuring 0.1 microns or larger. It has no odors, polymer or plastic and is considered the safest and most efficient method for eliminating particles.
Activated Carbon Filter — The key component of all AllerAir's air purifiers is the activated carbon. This unit has a special carbon blend for smoke and smoke by-products. It neutralizes, adsorbs and removes airborne chemicals, gases and odors from the air. AllerAir uses many pounds of deep bed activated carbon to effectively adsorb dangerous airborne substances and give you clean air. The 3.5" deep carbon filter is among the largest activated carbon filters available in a home unit.
UV Light Upgrade Option — Customize your air purifier by adding a UV (ultra violet) germicidal lamp. UV light works by breaking down microorganisms and disrupting their DNA, making them unable to reproduce and in effect, "kills" or neutralizes them. This is excellent for controlling airborne mold mycotoxins, bacteria and viruses.
AllerAir AirMedic Pro 6 HDS Eco-friendly Features
- All-metal housing: The all-metal housing unit will not emit any plastic vapors while it is running and can be recycled.
- Ozone-free filtration technology: Traceable amounts of ozone can be emitted from most air purifiers but AllerAir's air purifiers give you ozone-free filtration technology with it's carbon and HEPA filters.
- Energy efficient: The electric motor is energy efficient and should only cost you pennies a day. We think that is worth the clean air you will breathe in.
- Refillable carbon canisters: AllerAir's carbon filter canisters can be refilled by ordering more carbon that works best for you.
- Styrofoam free: With the unit being styrofoam free, toxins and chemicals cannot be released making it better for you and our Earth.
- North American sourced parts, materials and assembly: AllerAir's parts, materials, and assembly are done in North America. The electric motor is made in America.
AllerAir AirMedic Pro 6 HDS Technical Specs
- Filtration System: With the activated carbon filter measuring at a 3.5" depth along with the Super HEPA and tar-trapping pre-filter, you will get clean air to breathe in. Add the UV light option to control airborne mold mycotoxins, bacteria and viruses.
- Carbon Canister: Weighing in at 27-29 lbs., the canister can easily be taken out and the carbon can be refilled quickly when the time arises.
- Super HEPA: The Super HEPA removes 99.99% of all airborne particles 0.1 microns in size making sure the dust, allergens, pollen, smoke are gone.
- CFM (cubic feet per minute): 400 free flow — The unit can move around 400 cubic feet of air per minute.
- Speed: Find your perfect speed by adjusting the knob. In worse conditions, turn it all the way up for quick cleaning.
- Available Colors: Black, Sandstone, or White — What color best fits your decor in the home or office?
- Voltage: 115/60Hz or 230/50Hz
- Amps (115V/230V): 1.3/0.5
- Cord Length: 8 feet
- Noise Level: 45-62 dB — These levels would be like average home noise, a normal conversation or background music so the unit will not be overbearing when it is running.
- Maneuverability: 4 x 2" wheels
- Filter Access: Pre-filter is at the bottom of the unit with no tools necessary to change. Main filters (HEPA and Carbon) are changed at bottom with screws and it is rather quick to do.
- Motor Details: Motor with a blower wheel that is made in America.
- Dimensions: 23.5" (height) x 15" (diameter)
- Shipping Weight: 60 lbs. (comes in 2 boxes)
- Operating Weight: 52 lbs.