AllerAir AirMedic Pro 5 HDS Smoke Eater Air Purifier
Purifies up to 1,500 sq. ft. based on 8 ft. ceilings
- Areas and rooms where smoke and odor are a concern
- Wildfire zones
- Lounges, common areas, or buildings that permit smoking
Warranty: 5-year warranty on labor and 10-year warranty on parts (motor, cord, switch, wheels, etc).
Removes Smoke, Odors, and Particles with Activated Carbon and Super HEPA Filters
Remove smoke, chemicals & odors from tobacco, cigars, and other smoke with the AirMedic Pro 5 HDS. This unit can help protect your lungs from unwanted secondhand smoke that lingers in the home or office.
The 3.5" activated carbon filter provides more dwell time that allows complex pollutants to get trapped more efficiently. It can adsorb all the chemicals, gases, and odors along with removing the airborne particles inside your home or office. The super HEPA filter can remove 99.99% of all airborne particles 0.1 microns in size to make the perfect combination giving you clean air.
With the AirMedic Pro 5 HDS, you won't have to worry about what is in the air you breathe in. Let the unit do its job and you will be able to feel the difference in the air.
Don't let smoke or odors get in your way to clean air. Purchase your Pro 5 HDS Smoke Eater today and breathe in the difference! It will eat your smoke away!
The Pro 5 HDS Smoke Eater Multi-Stage Filtration System
Tar-trapping Pre-filter — The pre-filter in the HDS removes any sticky tar particles and protects the main filters from clogging. This helps prolong the life of your super HEPA and carbon filters. Replace the pre-filters every two to three months, depending on usage.
Super HEPA Filter — The super HEPA filter helps capture the fine dust, allergens, pollen, smoke and other particles that linger around your home or office and it has no glue or binders. It can help remove at least 99.99% of airborne particles measuring 0.1 microns or larger. It has no odors, polymer or plastic and is considered the safest and most efficient method for eliminating particles.
Activated Carbon Filter — The key component of all AllerAir's air purifiers is the activated carbon. The Pro 5 HDS has a special carbon blend for smoke and smoke by-products. It neutralizes, adsorbs and removes airborne chemicals, gases and odors from the air. AllerAir uses many pounds of deep bed activated carbon to effectively adsorb dangerous airborne substances and give you clean air. This unit has a 3.5" deep carbon filter that is among the largest activated carbon filters available in a home unit.
UV Light Upgrade Option — AllerAir gives you the option to customize the AirMedic Pro 5 air purifier by adding a UV (ultra violet) germicidal lamp. UV light works by breaking down microorganisms and disrupting their DNA, making them unable to reproduce and in effect, "kills" or neutralizes them. This is excellent for controlling airborne mold mycotoxins, bacteria and viruses.
AirMedic Pro 5 HDS Eco-friendly Features
- All-metal housing: The all-metal housing unit will not emit any plastic vapors while it is running and can be recycled.
- Ozone-free filtration technology: Traceable amounts of ozone can be emitted from most air purifiers but AllerAir's air purifiers give you ozone-free filtration technology with it's carbon and HEPA filters.
- Energy efficient: The electric motor is energy efficient and should only cost you pennies a day. We think that is worth the clean air you will breathe in.
- Refillable carbon canisters: AllerAir's carbon filter canisters can be refilled by ordering more carbon that works best for you.
- Styrofoam free: With the unit being styrofoam free, toxins and chemicals cannot be released making it better for you and our Earth.
- North American sourced parts, materials and assembly: AllerAir's parts, materials, and assembly are done in North America. The electric motor is made in America.
AllerAir AirMedic Pro 5 HDS Technical Specs
- Filtration System: With the activated carbon filter measuring at a 3.5" depth along with the Super HEPA and tar-trapping pre-filter, you will get clean air to breathe in. Add the UV light option to control airborne mold mycotoxins, bacteria and viruses.
- Carbon Canister: Weighing in at 22-24 lbs., the canister can easily be taken out and the carbon can be refilled quickly when the time arises.
- Super HEPA: The Super HEPA removes 99.99% of all airborne particles 0.1 microns in size making sure the dust, allergens, pollen, smoke are gone.
- CFM (cubic feet per minute): 400 free flow — The unit can move around 400 cubic feet of air per minute.
- Speed: Find your perfect speed by adjusting the knob. In worse conditions, turn it all the way up for quick cleaning.
- Available Colors: Black, Sandstone, or White — What color best fits your decor in the home or office?
- Voltage: 115/60Hz or 230/50Hz
- Amps (115V/230V): 1.3/0.5
- Cord Length: 8 feet
- Noise Level: 45-62 dB — These levels would be like average home noise, a normal conversation or background music so the unit will not be overbearing when it is running.
- Maneuverability: 4 x 2" wheels
- Filter Access: Pre-filter is at the bottom of the unit with no tools necessary to change. Main filters (HEPA and Carbon) are changed at bottom with screws and it is rather quick to do.
- Motor Details: Motor with a blower wheel that is made in America.
- Dimensions: 20.5" (height) x 15" (diameter)
- Shipping Weight: 55 lbs. (comes in 2 boxes)
- Operating Weight: 43 lbs.