In this post, we'll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about Austin Air Purifiers. We'll provide information on performance, filters, and upkeep along with much more.
With this information, you can confidently choose Austin Air Purifier for your needs and see why they are one of the best brands in the air purifier market.
Keep reading to learn more!
1. How long has Austin Air Systems been manufacturing Medical-Grade HEPA purifiers?
Since 1991, Austin Air has been producing air purifiers. With over 30 years in the business, they are doing something right. And we know what that is...ensuring the air you breathe is clean, safe and free from contaminants.
2. Do Austin Air Purifiers emit ozone?
Simple answer is No! Austin Air purifiers are completely ozone-free. Instead, all Austin Air Purifiers are designed with high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration. Ozone is active oxygen and can be dangerous to people’s health. This is especially true for people with respiratory problems such as asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis.
3. Which Austin Air Purifier is the best?
We would say all are the best and you can't go wrong with any. If you are looking for which unit fits best for your needs, we've made this Austin Air Purifier Comparison page to better explain the differences and help you find your best one.
4. Where are Austin Air Purifiers made?
The USA! All air purifiers are hand-made at Austin Air's facility in Buffalo, NY.
5. Where can you buy Austin Air Purifiers?
You can purchase Austin Air Purifiers online and shipped directly to your door from Wellness Junction. Want a lower price? Click Here
6. Do Austin Air Purifiers go on sale?
Yes! Want a lower price? Click Here
7. Are Austin Air filters interchangeable?
Yes, they are. When you are ready to replace your filter, you can choose a different filter than you had previously and it will fit inside your current unit. If you purchased the HealthMate and decide you want to upgrade to the Bedroom Machine filter, you can purchase the Bedroom Machine replacement filter. Click here to see how to replace the filter in your Austin Air unit.
8. How long do Austin Air Purifiers last?
The units themselves can last a lifetime. We've talked to many customers who have had their units for over 15 years and still provides them with clean air.
The filtration system lasts up to 5 years in normal household settings before you need to replace it. There isn't any other air purifier company with that longevity of their filters!
9. How do you know when the filters need to be changed?
There will be two indications that your filter needs to be replaced. Either you will smell an unpleasant odor coming from the unit which means that the carbon in the filter is full and the filter needs to be replaced. Or you will notice a significantly reduced airflow coming from the unit means that the HEPA filter is full and the filter needs to be replaced.
10. How do you change the filters when it is time?
It's actually very easy and shouldn't take over 10 minutes. Click here to get step-by-step instructions with images to show you how to change your Austin Air filter.
11. Is the Austin Air Purifier noisy or loud to while it is running?
Depending on the fan setting used (low/medium/high), the noise level ranges from less than 50 to 62 decibels, or from the sound of a whisper to the sound of a normal conversation.
12. What is Austin Air’s Return Policy?
From the date of purchase, customers have 30 days to contact Austin Air or the Dealer where they purchased the unit to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number. The Dealer obtains the RA# from Austin Air. The unit is shipped at the customer’s expense. The original shipping charges will not be reimbursed. It is the responsibility of the Dealer to issue their customer credit.
13. What warranties come with Austin Air Purifiers?
Your Austin Air purifier is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase; provided your Austin air purifier was operated under normal residential use and that you have completed and returned your warranty registration to Austin Air Systems.
Austin Air also provides a five (5) year pro-rated filter warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry. This means if the filter lasts less than five years, Austin Air will discount the cost of a new filter based on the number of years the filter has been in use. Rest assured, Austin Air filters are designed to last for an unprecedented 5 years under normal residential use.
14. Does the Austin Air Purifier require any special maintenance?
We recommend vacuuming all four sides of the outside screen about once a month. This is the only regular maintenance required for your Austin Air Purifier.
15. Do Austin Air Purifiers have any plastic parts?
Yes, but very few. The only plastic parts on the entire unit are the fan blade, wheels/feet and the control knob.
16. What are Austin Air Purifiers made from?
The entire body of the air purifier is made of solid steel, which has been welded together to prevent any rattles. The paint used is powder coating, baked at 375°F. This process eliminates any odor or off-gas emissions while enhancing durability.
And for the final frequently asked question and probably the most important...
17. Why are Austin Air Purifiers superior to others in the air purifier market?
Austin Air Purifiers have many reasons why they are one of the top air purifiers on the market.
- They have a proprietary 360° air intake system that is able to take in bad air from all four sides.
- Austin Air uses true medical-grade HEPA filter paper, 60 square feet total, in their air purifiers.
- There is 15 lbs. (780 cubic inches to be exact) of Activated Carbon and Zeolite which remove chemicals, gases and odors in the HealthMate, Bedroom Machine, and HealthMate Plus (which also features Potassium Iodide).
- The Allergy Machine and Bedroom Machine both feature an advanced military carbon cloth (HEGA) placed inside the filter. This provides an extremely large surface area for adsorption of chemicals, gases, viruses and bacteria. Want to compare all four units that Austin Air offers? Here is the Austin Air Comparison page we created to help you find the best Austin Air unit to fit your needs.
- Other companies have plastic products and/or use sprayed on paint, so their products emit harmful gases. Austin Air's products are made of steel and have a powder coat paint, which is baked on. This means that the purifiers do not off gas.
- Austin Air's products have a high-velocity airflow, which creates a clean air pocket around the user. The 360° intake system draws air into all sides of the purifier and then passes it through the filter. If you turn on an Austin Air cleaner next to a competitor’s unit, you can really feel the difference. Austin Air purifiers clean the air in most bedrooms in less than 15 minutes.
- Austin Air Cleaners use energy efficient PSC motors which means that running your purifier uses less energy than some light bulbs!
- Austin Air offers a 30-day, no questions asked money back guarantee. Your Austin Air purifier is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5-years from the date of purchase. We also offer a 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry.