Berkey Light Water Filter
**Due to state regulations, we cannot ship this product to Iowa**
The Berkey Light is lightweight and designed for use at home, the cabin, or during outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, and traveling. It can also be used for unexpected crises or emergencies.
How much water does it store?
- around 2.75 Gallons (10.4 liters)
How many people can drink from it?
- Ideal for 1-5 People with daily, everyday use
- Can serve up to 100-200 people per day in cases of emergencies
Need Clean, Purified Water at Home, for Travel, or at the Lake? The Berkey Light Water Filter is the Answer.
Do you travel or go camping frequently? Have a cabin or take the R/V out for long trips seeing the the beauty of America? If you're worried about what could be inside the water you're drinking when you travel or at home and want to make sure it is contaminant-free, the Berkey Light Water Filter is perfect for you.
No tools, electricity, or plumbing are necessary in the assembly of the water filter allowing you to get fresh, clean water quickly. Fill the top chamber up with any fresh water source or tap water and let gravity feed the water down through the Black Berkey Elements, purifying it into the lower chamber. You then get clean and tasty water to drink with the healthy minerals still retained. Can you taste the crisp, clean water now?
Lightweight and portable weighing in at 6 pounds when empty, it is easy to pack in the R/V, vehicle, or strap on your pack when camping. In normal, everyday use, the unit can provide purified water for 1-5 people. It is also ideal for any crises or emergencies that could arise with the ability to help nourish 100-200 people.
The BPA/BPS-free plastic is dent-resistant for the wear and tear of all the traveling it can do. Constructed from durable food-grade co-polyester, it does not retain or leach foul tastes or odors into the water you drink.
Made and assembled in the USA, the Berkey Light is a great low-cost alternative to the stainless steel models and offers the same contaminant reduction process to give you purified water.
Fresh water is right at your fingertips. All you have to do is click the 'Add to Cart' button and you'll be getting the best water you've ever tasted!
How does the Berkey Light Water Purification System Work?
The answer is simple...the Black Berkey Purification Elements. They are more powerful than any other gravity filter element out there.
With the two purification elements and an option to upgrade to four, the Berkey Light purifies the water by removing viruses, parasites, pathogenic bacteria, and cysts, entirely and by taking out harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, and trihalomethanes. They also reduce rust, silt, sediment, foul taste and odors, and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury in the water too.
Think about this...Over 200 potential contaminants can be removed or reduced in the tap water or raw, untreated freshwater sources.
Each pair of Black Berkey Elements can last up to 6,000 gallons depending on incoming water quality. That is 3,000 gallons for each single purification element! They are self-sterilizing, easy to clean, and replacement parts are easy to order and set-up.
The amount of water produced depends on either choosing 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements or 4:
- With 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Berkey Light System can produce up to 4 gallons (15.2 liters) of purified water per hour.
- With 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Berkey Light System can produce up to 7 gallons (26.5 liters) of purified water per hour.
Why the Berkey Light Water Filter is Best for You
- It is far superior to other filtration systems because it is HEALTHY for you and can remove viruses, harmful pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites as well as unhealthy chemical contaminates and impurities. This leaves only the essential minerals your body needs and produces virtually the most healthful, clean and delicious water available.
- CONVENIENT for you and your family. The Berkey Light will assemble in minutes without the use of any tools, electricity, water pressure or plumbing. They are also simple to operate and maintain while enjoying fresh, clean water.
- The most ECONOMICAL water purification system you can own with it's unique design allowing you to easily remove and clean the purification elements over and over again.
- The Berkey Light is POWERFUL. It can easily purify ordinary tap water and raw, untreated water from such sources as remote lakes and streams. It is ideal to have on hand in the event of natural disasters such as blackouts, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes as well as local or national emergencies, when treated tap water may not be available.
- You can take it anywhere you want with it being FLEXIBLE. Bring it on vacations, hunting & camping trips, college dorms, and RVs. It is convenient and easy to use wherever you are.
- With it's PROVEN HISTORY, Berkey Water Systems' high quality and effectiveness of the gravity filtration process that is utilized in the Berkey Light, has stood the test of time. Gravity filtration has been used by relief organizations such as UNICEF, the Peace Corps, Red Cross Societies Internationally, missionaries, and relief workers in over 140 countries throughout the world.
What is included? Tech Specs of the Berkey Light Water Filter
- 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) capacity: For normal use during each day, this should provide enough water for up to smaller family. Around 1-5 people would be ideal for this capacity.
- Non-BPA/BPS co-polyester upper and lower chambers along with a base: The non-BPA/BPS co-polyester ensures that it will not leach foul tasting plasticizers into your water and will not retain foul tastes and odors from any waterborne contaminants. It is is also shatter resistance!
- 9" in diameter x 21" in height (when used without base), 26.5” height (with base): When the base is on, you will be able to put a glass under the Berkey Light to get water and not have to put the whole thing at the end of your countertop.
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (option to upgrade to 4): These are where the 'magic' happens to give you the best, crisp water you will ever taste. The option to upgrade to 4 allows for faster production of the water.
- 2 washers and 2 wingnuts: These will be for the Black Berkey Purification Elements. See directions below on how to set them up in the Berkey Light.
- 1 priming button: Use this when priming your Black Berkey Purification Elements before the first use. You can also prime them every 6 months or so to ensure proper flow rate for the water.
- 1 spigot: The clean, purified water will be dispensed through the spigot when you are thirsty!
- 1 cloth lid: This will cover the upper chamber top once you pour the water into it for purification.
- Compatible with Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements: These adsorb the unwanted elements found in drinking water such as Flouride, Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III, and other residual heavy metal ions. They are made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free. (Currently OUT OF STOCK)
- Shipping weight: Approximately 7 lbs when shipped. Lightweight and easy to carry from place to place while getting clean, fresh water everywhere you can go.